Deakin YMCA are running a Tour de France Competition, that allows you armchair cyclists to be “part of the action”. Here are the details, or ask Robyn for more information:
JOIN A TEAM AND JOIN THE RACE!!!
Members, non members, staff and students welcome.
Medals awarded to the winning team.
- Members select their own team. This is done by simply writing your name on the team sheet (found in Deakin YMCA Foyer) for the team you’d like to be a part of and appoint a team captain, if not on a YMCA staff team. You can also facebook or email with your details to sign up. Make sure you include team details or we can put you in a team.
- All teams must be finalised by 5pm Friday 29th June.
- A maximum of 5 members per team.
- During the tour (June 30th—July 22nd) each rider writes down the km’s of cycling they complete each day. You can also email email@example.com or let us know by posting on our event wall.
- There are two pre-determined rest days. Riding times will not count on these days.
- Cycling can be completed on the bikes in the health club or in the spin classes. In addition, km’s cycled outside of Deakin will also count. This is an honesty system!!
- The total number of km’s will determine the winning team. The sum will be the total of all team members km’s.
- Members and staff of Deakin YMCA Geelong are eligible to enter for free. Non members have an entry fee of $5— Please see reception.